Team Pep-In Your Step
Please join our team or make a donation to help us reach our goal and provide care and support to those dealing with Alzheimer's & related dementia diseases!
The 2018 HopeHealth Walk for Alzheimer's will take place on Sunday, May 6, 2018 at the DCR Scusset State Beach.
Registration: 9:00 am
Walk Begins: 10:00 am
Every 66 seconds another American develops Alzheimer’s disease. It is the sixth leading cause of death in the United States and the fifth leading cause of death for those 65 and older. One in nine people age 65 and older has Alzheimer’s disease. One third of people age 85 and older (32%) have Alzheimer’s disease. Nearly one in three seniors who dies each year has Alzheimer’s or another dementia. Alzheimer’s is also the leading cause of disability and poor health or morbidity. Before a person with Alzheimer’s dies, he or she lives through years of morbidity, disability and dependence as the disease progresses. Between 2000 and 2013, deaths attributed to Alzheimer’s increased 71%. There are more than 332,000 unpaid caregivers caring for someone with Alzheimer’s in Massachusetts.
Your donation can help by funding an array of programs and services to meet the needs of the community we serve. Programs include:
- A telephone helpline
- Initial assessment with the caregiver and other family members for counseling and disease education
- Development of care management plans
- Ongoing family support and counseling sessions
- Support groups
- Respite grants
- Memory screenings
- Referrals to local agencies
- Dementia certification and ongoing education for healthcare professionals
- Annual professional conference focusing on current trends in dementia care education
#Walk4ALZHope #EndALZ #TeamPepinYourStep